Frequently Asked Questions
- For which products can the summer vouchers be redeemed?
The summer value vouchers can be redeemed for all products (except gift vouchers, annual tickets and ski passes) in the webshop directly during the payment process under "Enter discount code".
- How can I book other summer products with the summer vouchers?
Please contact us directly by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org for the further procedure.
- Where can the summer voucher code be redeemed in the webshop?
The summer voucher can be redeemed directly in the shopping cart. A maximum of 1 voucher code can be redeemed per order.
- Is the family discount for the Family Hiking Pass also available in the webshop?
The family discount is accepted directly in the shopping basket when booking at the same time. To receive the family discount, add 2 Hiking Passes Aletsch+ for adults to the shopping basket (without GA/half fare). You can then add the desired number of Hiking Passes Aletsch+ for children and young people.
- Is the Junior Travelcard or the Children’s Co-Travelcard valid?
The Junior Travelcard and the Children’s Co-Travelcard are valid in summer on all Aletsch Bahnen AG lifts. No separate ticket is required.
- Why should I book through the Aletsch Arena webshop?
We offer you a Best Price Guarantee on all tickets booked online. If you book online, you will receive an online discount on all tickets (except for single rides, ski passes, season tickets, annual tickets, baggage carts and vouchers). You can load your ticket directly onto an existing KeyCard / your Swisspass, print it out at home and pick it up conveniently on site at one of our ticket machines.
- What do I need to be able to shop in the web shop?
All online purchases require an Internet-capable computer or a smart phone/tablet, a valid credit card and an e-mail account.
- Do I have to register for this?
No. However, we recommend that you register, as some of your data will already be stored on your next visit to the web shop and will not need to be entered again.
- Do I have to create an account for online booking?
No, the online booking can also be completed as a guest. However, information such as e-mail address, first name, surname and date of birth is mandatory. However, we recommend that you register, as this will make future online bookings easier.
- Until when can I purchase services online?
Online tickets can be purchased until the day of use. If you load the online ticket onto an existing data carrier, it may take up to 3 minutes before it can be read at our turnstiles.
- Why are the services not directly visible on the SwissPass or in the SwissPass customer account after purchase?
The services are only loaded onto the SwissPass when you pass through the 1st turnstile.
- Are services purchased online transferable?
No. These services are personal and non-transferable. A personal identification document must be presented in the event of any checks.
- Can I purchase services for other people?
Yes, you only need the surname, first name and date of birth of the other person.
- Do I get my money back if I do not use services purchased online?
Once you have successfully completed the purchase process, it is binding. The General Terms and Conditions of Aletsch Bahnen AG apply
- Why can I not make the payment?
Please check if all fields are filled out correctly. Especially if the CVC code (on the back of the credit card) is recorded.
- Error message: "Credit card declined".
Check with your credit card provider whether the card has been blocked.
- How do I find out whether my booking has been successfully completed?
Once the booking process has been successfully completed, you will receive a binding booking confirmation from us immediately to your e-mail address. Please also check your spam folder if you have not received a confirmation.
- Error message: "The page has expired".
It is usually a problem of the Internet browser used. Try again with a different and especially updated browser (e.g. Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome).
- Who can I contact if I have any questions about online booking?
Our information center is available for questions from Monday to Friday from 13.00 - 17.00 hours. Tel. +41 27 928 41 48 / Mail: email@example.com
- How can I book a season pass / annual pass online?
To book a season or annual pass, we require a photo in addition to your surname, first name, address, e-mail and date of birth. The photo can be easily uploaded in the webshop.
- Can I also buy vouchers online?
Yes, but vouchers purchased online can only be redeemed in the webshop and have no expiry date.
- How can I redeem a physical voucher I have already purchased in the webshop?
In order to be able to redeem the already purchased vouchers in the webshop, they must first be replaced. To make the exchange, you can contact Aletsch Bahnen AG by Mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- How do I get my hiking pass when I book online?
If you have a keycard from Aletsch Bahnen AG or a SwissPass, you can load the Hiking Pass directly by entering the corresponding identification number. If you would like to book online and do not have a keycard at home, you can still complete the booking and simply pick up the Hiking Pass using the pick-up option on site (cash dispenser/cashier).
- How does the pick-up function work at the ticket machines?
After successful booking you will receive a pick-up voucher by e-mail, which is provided with a QR code. This QR-code can be scanned at the cash machines on site. Afterwards the purchased services will be issued automatically.
- Where are the pick-up machines located?
The pickup machines are located at the following locations: Mörel, Riederalp Mitte, Betten Talstation, Bettmeralp, Fiesch, Fiescheralp
- How does an online booking work?
The ordering process is simple and user-friendly: You select the desired date, the number of hiking passes and, after registering your skicard, download them directly onto the selected data medium, or pick them up on site at one of our ticket offices/payment machines.
- Can I exchange the hiking pass I bought online for another day if I cannot go hiking on the day booked?
The Hiking Passes can only be used on the date booked. They expire if not used.
- Why should we book products online?
By booking products online (e.g. single trip feeder train, luggage trolley, hiking passes) you do not have to queue at our ticket office on your arrival.
In order to place orders in our webshop, the cookies must be accepted.